Wide Diamond Sharpening Steel
Keeping knives sharp is easy if you sharpen them often on a WÜSTHOF sharpening steel.
To ensure that your knives stay beautifully sharp, a honing steel should be used regularly. Over time, knives will deteriorate and lose their edge. Honing re-aligns the microscopic teeth in the blade that can’t be seen with the naked eye.
By regularly honing your knives, you will maximize the time in between sharpening. WÜSTHOF honing steels are made from hard chromium plated steel with a hardness of 65 Rockwell.
All honing steels are produced from an alloy tool steel (material no. 2210) with 1.15%C (carbon) content, .6% chromium and .03% vanadium.
- 26 cm (10″) sharpening steel
- Coated with industrial diamonds.
- Dull knives can be easily sharpened with a steel which is coated with industrial diamonds.
- Loop on the handle for hanging
- Wipe clean with a damp cloth after each sharpening session