This solid granite pestle & mortar has a bowl diameter of 18cm making it ideal for creating and serving freshly made wet or dry mixes, pastes or sauces.
Every aspect of the design has been considered to make pounding and grinding as easy as possible.
The profile of the mortar is shaped to be comfortably cupped in the hand and the heavy-weight base makes it easy to use with even the toughest of ingredients.
The pestle has been designed to fit perfectly inside the mortar ensuring maximum surface contact and the handle length ensures you can get plenty of grip.
The inside of the mortar and the end of the pestle have been left unpolished to assist with the breaking down of ingredients whilst the exterior surfaces have been lightly polished to allow the natural beauty of the granite to shine through.
It is easy to see why this ancient and traditional kitchen tool is a must-have for professional chefs and enthusiastic home cooks alike.
At Cole & Mason we share your enthusiasm for a more adventurous range of seasoning and flavour enhancing products.
We understand how new and exciting ingredients along with high quality kitchen tools and accessories can transform cooking and dining experiences.
We have been designing and developing kitchenware from our head office in England since 1919.
Awarded CoolBrands status for 2014/2015, we offer a well-established and intuitively designed range, with a product for every seasoning task from the kitchen to the table.
Whether you need a manual or electronic mill, simple shakers, dry or fresh herb & spice products, pestle & mortar or an oil & vinegar pourer, all our products are manufactured with the highest quality materials and available in a wide range of finishes.
1 x Pestle
1 x Mortar
- Made from superior black granite for style and durability, this hard-wearing pestle & mortar is ideal for use with wet and dry ingredients
- The exterior of the mortar and the handle of the pestle have been polished to allow the natural beauty of the granite to shine through, making it suitable for serving in as well as preparing in.
- The interior of the mortar and the end of the pestle have been left unpolished. This provides a rougher surface area ensuring maximum efficiency when grinding or pounding.
- To clean, wash in warm soapy water, rinse and dry thoroughly. Do not place in a dishwasher.
- This product is covered by a 2-year warranty. Please retain your receipt for proof of purchase. Accidental breakage, poor care and damage from misuse are not covered.